Lost In Space Fan Fiction

TVYesteryear

I've been on a Lost In Space kick lately, watching the series on DVD. I love the show in all its 60's sci-fi quirkiness. Not wanting to stop with just 84 episodes, I went in search of Lost In Space fan fiction. Not only did I find some, I found some epic sagas. I was impressed with the writing abilities of LIS authors. I find that in some fandoms, the quality of the writing is, well... as Dr. Smith might have put it, "Oh, the pain, the pain...."

At any rate, these authors did excellent work. I thought I'd post some of my favorite Lost In Space fan fic here. There are plenty of great stories at the Lost In Space Galaxy fan fiction page. And below are some of my favorites.

Hostile Takeovers by Don Farnsworth - Some 15 years after the adventures of the original series ended, a 29 year old Will Robinson finds himself trapped in the crashed Jupiter 2 and in the laser sights of a recently defrosted and decidedly mad Dr. Smith. This story has everything, angst, plot twists, alien conspiracies, brainwashing, and of course, plenty of action. This author absolutely nails the Dr. Smith character, verbosity and all. The Robot's characterization is excellent as well. I wouldn't have minded seeing this on the silver screen, as it's very true to original series.

Chapters: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Where Went The Robinsons by Keven Pellew - The Robinsons, all grown up and now living on the planet Trimea side by side with Taurons, are visited by the spaceship Orion, whose mission is to collect remnants of human missions that have been lost in space. Will the Robinsons come willingly back to Earth or will they be forced to go? Will a decidedly insane Dr. Smith be brought back for trial to face the music for his traitorous crimes or will the Umbra assassin on board the Orion get to him first?

Chapters: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

More to come!

• 4 weeks later...

Some more Lost In Space fan fiction I'd recommend:

The Lost In Space Australia Fan Club has a fan fiction page (that includes the stories posted above): http://www.lisa.org.au/fanstuff.htm

I particularly like Lorie's stories:

Fur Ball - What happens when the crew of the Jupiter 2 discovers a cruise liner in space? A vacation they'll never forget! Chapters: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Pot Shot - This story puts Major West and Dr. Smith together in a tale of survival. Do they make it out alive or do they kill each other first? You've got about 50/50 odds on that one. ;)

The Search For Justice - Someone on the Jupiter 2 pays the ultimate penalty in the search for galactic justice. Chapters: 1 | 2

• 4 months later...

Some more great Lost In Space Fan Fiction:

Reflections: After crash landing on an Earthlike Planet, the Robinson's, Major West, and Doctor Smith, find themselves considering their futures.

What's To Become of Doctor Smith?: Smith wakes up from a bout of alien flu to find that the Jupiter 2 has landed on an unknown planet, the Robot is incapacitated, and the Robinsons and Major West appear to have been taken by force. Can Smith find them and rescue them?

• 5 years later...